To learn about the process required
to create a video product that teaches, informs, or entertains
and to manage time, resources and media effectively. Your videos can be either for the end of the year video or a short video about something that you have learned about in school this year that covers some of the CA state standards. If you are doing a standards based video it can be up to five minutes long.
- At least two ; Two - three (2-3) minutes of
- Minimum one title, 20 different pictures
- No audio for the movie
- Save as the Period, segment of the video that you are creating, your last name.
REFLECTIONS CONTEST (due early November - keep it simple for this one)
C-SPAN Documentaries (dates change, would be due before break)
Sample Videos for PSAs
Ad Council - click on the campaign and then view campaign details. Click on television to work on it.
Drug Free America PSA Samples. CLICK HERE
Outline content of your
movie using storyboards, after receiving approval of content.
- Create a new folder for all
items for your project. The title will look like "P_.5WKMOVIE.Team Letter". You will need to create a collection/folder and be sure to share any written work with your team mates and your instructor.
- Write an abstract
(.doc) for the back of your DVD box to explain what your
movie is about, without giving away key plot lines. Think the
types that you see on the back of trailers. A source for reading
- Use the REVIEW
sheet document to collect ideas for your images.
- Brainstorm and outline all content
to be included in the movie.
- Use Inspiration or AppleWorks,
Word Processing and Harvard format to outline your movie script.
There are storyboards avaialble online for you to to download
and use at the class website.
- Be sure to indicate all information
being used on the movie including graphics, props, etc. . You
MUST cite all sources for your information and include a bibliography
of ALL images, text, etc. used on your site.
- Save all the work inside your
- Create a storyboard.pdf
and working script using MS WORD and the documents provided for
you at the class website.
- Print out both the Storyboards(.pdf)
and the Working Script Document
- INDIVIDUAL: post your daily
work on moodle -- use the journal set up for the assignment.
- DESIGN JOURNAL - be sure to complete the design journal as you work on the project. You should have the PLAN part nearly done this week.
- SHARE all your documents with me and all of your team members on Google docs. You would add them like you would add me -- their email@example.com. Make sure everyone in your group can EDIT.
Start working on capturing your images
including scanning images, loading images and continue research.
You will be working on getting your storyboard images into the
camera this wee. Detailed shot layouts will be required before
using a camera.
- Create an ABOUT
THE AUTHORS document. Complete one document for each person
on the team. Before you start, move the downloaded document into
your folder, then click on the document, go to EDIT and DUPLICATE
so that each team member has one. Save as indicated on the form.
- Use the storyboard and working
script to create a work schedule. If you are created segments for the end of the year video, you will be checking out disks that will provide the visuals. If you are shooting your own, you will need to arrange your shooting schedule and pre-arrange times for filming. LEAVE LOTS OF TIME FOR EDITING.
- Work on the titles and special
effects needed for your movie including found images from the
- save images to disks (provided)
to load to your folder on the hard drive.
- REMINDER: all items for the
site MUST be saved in the same folder.
- Start working with the cameras
and shooting sequences. Be sure to keep track of your tape and
the time you are using for the shoots.
- Present your project.
- Turn In Journal and Summary
and all other written work