SimCity® Builders Unite
For additional information and samples,
SCALE MODELS - scale models are not required for this project.
basics about scale
To learn about the process required
to create a city of the future that addresses the needs of the
citizen of the new millenium.
- Blueprint of City drawn on paper
- Approval from Ms. Maye is crucial - must have minimum standards.
- Working city created on either
SIM CITY 3000 SimCity2000 or SimCity Classic
- 3-D Model of a small section
of the city
- not required this year
- Printout of the city, labeled
- Essay about an aspect of city
- ONE of the following:
- City Logo/Slogan
- brochure explaining the special
features of the city
- biography of the mayors with
Blueprint of city is due.
BLUEPRINT must be approved before "building" begins
- Create a new folder for all
items for your project. The title will look like "P_.52wkCity.last name ."
Be sure to create a collection in google apps and share that collection with everyone in your team and the instructor. You will need to put ALL of your work on this project into this folder. Your CITY will have to be dropped on the server once you are done
- Create an abstract
using the document from the website that talks about the
main features in your city. You will revise it as your city is
created. Your abstract will be an 50-100 word description of your city for potential residents and businesses that may want to move into your city.
information from other cities using this document.
- Brainstorm and outline all content
to be included in the city.Save as BRAINSTORM (period brainstorm last name). Be sure to share with me and your team mates (if you are in a team). Put it into your collection folder as well.
- Think about what you want to have in your city to make it the best city every.
- Save work inside your folder.
- JOURNAL - Be sure
to add entries detailing what you and your team has done everyday. You will enter these in moodle look for the 5 WEEK PROJECT JOURNAL: week 1.
- DESIGN JOUNRNAL - You should complete the PLAN section by the end of Tuesday. Be sure to return your design journal to the proper folder on the back counter. Date all of your entries.
- SHARE all your documents with me and all of your team members on Google docs. You would add them like you would add me -- their firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure everyone in your group can EDIT.
- Create an ABOUT
THE AUTHORS document. for each person in the team. Complete one document for each person
on the team. Be sure to save as indicated and drop the completed items into your team collection folder. Be sure that they are shared with everyone on your team and the instructor.
- Program City on Computer - Ask
instructor for a disk... The program is a little buggy. Guidelines
for the City can be downloaded from here.
- 50 -100 Word Abstract.doc
explaining about how your city works
- Start working on city. Remember
to include all types of zones and to work in city infrastructure
(water, power, transportation lines) in order to reach population
- Use Internet, Electronic Encyclopedias,
etc. to research your essay topic regarding the formation of
a city. Essay must be at least 5 paragraphs and answer all questions
and points on rubric.
- Write a 50-100 page abstract
about what makes your city special and unique that explains why
people should live in YOUR city.
Save work often. Computers will
lock up occasionally resulting in a loss of data.
- Present your project.
- Turn In Journal and Summary
and all other written work