SimCity® Builders Unite
To learn about the process required
to create a city of the future that addresses the needs of the
citizen of the new millenium.
- Blueprint of City drawn on paper
- Approval from Ms. Maye is crucial - must have minimum standards
- Working city created on either
SIM CITY 3000 SimCity2000 or SimCity Classic
- 3-D Model of a small section
of the city
- Printout of the city, labeled
- Essay about an aspect of city
- ONE of the following:
- City Logo/Slogan
- brochure explaining the special
features of the city
- biography of the mayors with
Blueprint of city is due.
BLUEPRINT must be approved before "building" begins
- Create a new folder for all
items for your project. The title will look like "P6.City.Last
Names of partners or a last name for reference"
- Create an abstract
using the document from the website that talks about the
main features in your city. You will revise it as your city is
- Brainstorm and outline all content
to be included in the city. You can use
a KWL chart if you wish.
- Use Inspiration or AppleWorks,
Word Processing and Harvard format to outline your city.
- Be sure to indicate all information
being used in the formation of the city including graphics. You
MUST cite all sources for your information and include a bibliography
of ALL images, text, etc. used on your site.
- Save work inside your folder.
Journal .doc- Be sure
to add entries detailing what your team has done everyday. You
are also required to keep track of your individual work on the
BlackBoard Discussion Board 5 WEEK. You will be given five minutes
at the end of class for entering this information. Your group
journal will be downloaded to your team folder and updated on
a daily basis.
- Program City on Computer
- 50 -100 Word Abstract.doc
explaining about how your city works
- Start working on city. Remember
to include all types of zones and to work in city infrastructure
(water, power, transportation lines) in order to reach population
- Use Internet, Electronic Encyclopedias,
etc. to research your essay topic regarding the formation of
a city. Essay must be at least 5 paragraphs and answer all questions
and points on rubric.
- Write a 50-100 page abstract
about what makes your city special and unique that explains why
people should live in YOUR city.
Save work often. Computers will
lock up occasionally resulting in a loss of data.
- Present your project.
- Turn In Journal and Summary
and all other written work