Web Site Development
Samples Websites. Click Here. Thinkquest.com
Some alternatives to the powerpoint format...
Some places for images -- look for the TERMS and make sure that you follow their rules. Not all the images will be 100% appropriate for your projects or use, so please use with that in mind.
To learn about the process required
to create an interactive web site that teaches, informs, or entertains
and to learn to evaluate web sites effectively.
- 12 Interactive pages that allow
user to go from page to page in a logical manner.
- Minimum one image per page
- Links so user can always go
back to index page (home page) and forward.
- Table on one of the pages with
at least one link inside the table
- One list item
- ONE of the following:
- form to fill in requesting information
about web site
- blinking text
- use of a frame set
Outline content of pages
and create a web site map after receiving approval of content.
- Create a new folder/collection for all
items for your project. The title will look like "P_.5WKWEB.last name "
Be sure to share all documents and this collection with me.
explaining what your website will be about - the description
that shows up when you find the website on a search.
- Review at least six websites
that relate to your topic. Use the WEBSITE
- Brainstorm and outline all content
to be included in the web site. List all the things that you want to
include from the website review document.
- Use google apps to create a document that includes the RESOURCES from your Design Journal.
- Save work inside your folder, share with the teacher, your team mates.
- Create a map
drawn on a piece of paper or using Inspiration that graphically
represents how the site is arranged. This will help remember
links required for the site. You may also want to create an outline for your website to help you plan things out.
- INDIVIDUAL: post your daily
work on moodle -- use the journal set up for the assignment.
- DESIGN JOURNAL - be sure to complete the appropriate sections in your Design Journal.
- SHARE all your documents with me and all of your team members on Google docs. You would add them like you would add me -- their firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure everyone in your group can EDIT.
Start programming site including
scanning images, loading images and continue research.
- Create an ABOUT
THE AUTHORS document. Complete one document for each person
on the team. Before you start, move the downloaded document into
your folder, then click on the document, go to EDIT and DUPLICATE
so that each team member has one. Save as indicated on the form.
- Be sure to have all your items
in your team folder.
- LINK LIST (this document will
download)- Create a link list of other websites that are related
to the topic that you are creating. You should have quite a few that help explain the topic.
- Use either google sites to start creating your website. You are NOT allowed to make them public at any time.
- Any images that you are planning on using must be from copyright free sites and you must include a link in your bibliography document that you create on googleapps. Be sure to copy and past all the links and be sure that anyone looking at the bibliography will know what image it is that is being referenced. You cannot use google.com as a source.
- Save work often. Computers will
lock up occasionally resulting in a loss of data.
- Program Site
- Advertisement - Create
an advertisement for your website... You will add this to your
brochure. Download brochure
- PROGRAM SITE
- Continue to link pages, add
images, and work on sites. Refer to HELP menu for technical assistance.
- By the end of this week, most
pages should be created.
WRITE a PAPER ON WHAT MAKES
A GOOD WEB SITE
- Read the short essay on "What
Makes A Good Website". Type up a short response to the
article for your group (everyone should have a voice). Create
a new word processing document and save it in google apps, share it with your team, the instructor and put it into the teams collection/folder.
- Complete the exercise "What
Makes a Good Web site" answering the questions. Print
out one copy (weblink). Click here to enter your review on
QUIA.com Review at least five sites using the QUIA form to respond.
To Get Credit, in the NAME, type in the PERIOD and your project
name and the last names of everyone on the team.
- Write an essay on the topic
"What Makes a Good Web site".
- Be sure to include specifics
from the exercise and some tips for future web designers.
WRITE SCRIPT FOR ADVERTISEMENT
Create an advertisement using any
media for the web site you are creating. Scripts must describe
in detail, word for word what will be said in the podcast.
Ads for print must include an image and text.
- Present your project.
- Turn In Journal and Summary
and all other written work